Fast Paced Environment
Senior Management Position
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
They are looking for a strong finance professional to join their shared services setup in Mumbai.
Reporting to the Director, your key responsibilities shall be the following-
- Work with the regional Finance teams to ensure analysis of transactions and application of accounting policies and guidance are consistently executed throughout the region. This will entail necessary liaison between various departments including Financial Control, Product Control, Group Finance London and Regulatory Policy team
- Liaise with Business representatives, Business COOs, Legal, Compliance and Finance, to provide accounting guidance applicable to the banks reporting, as well as help businesses understand the accounting implications for clients. The team also provides advice to cover New Product Approvals, transaction flows and balance sheet optimization
- Implementation of new accounting standards, and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements
- Support the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to other teams, infrastructure functions and front office.
The Successful Applicant
- Chartered Accountant with 12+ years of accounting & reporting experience with investment banks / financial services / large stock broking firms
- Strong domain knowledge of International Accounting Standards - USGAAP / IFRS
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
This role is a great opportunity to work in an established organization at a leadership level. A challenging role with full support from the management and a growing portfolio. The role also offers competitive compensation for the right individual.