VP - Equity/Derivative Trading - Investment Banking
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest Global Banks with demonstrated strengths in the Investment Banking domain. They are looking at expanding their business in India by creating new team from scratch. They are looking for seasoned professionals having solid exposure in the trading domain for their new team that is being setup.
Reporting into the Director, you would be part of the newly set-up quant trading team that covers diverse products like Equity Swaps, Equity Futures/Forwards/Synthetics, Dividend Swaps/Futures, ETF's & Notes. This team would work as an extended arm of the global team and would be responsible for risk management, trading strategy formulation, etc.
Some of your key responsibilities shall include:
- Developing and managing different trading strategies along with monitoring their performance
- Development and enhancement of existing modelling for risk parameters
- Help increase coverage universe for products hence helping develop the client franchise
- Help in risk management of the trading desk. This will include help the desk manage repo, dividend, TC, cross-currency, index tracking, delta, interest rate and fx risks
- This will include help building MIs across different risk systems to generate a unified risk report for the different parameters
- Help the desk in maintaining proper marks for the different parameters across products
- Looking at market opportunities to optimally manage our current risk exposure on financing and dividends
The Successful Applicant
- You are a Bachelor's or Master's in Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Statistics / Economics or any other quantitative discipline from a Tier 1 institution (IIT's, IIM's, ISI)
- Strong expertise in equity derivatives along with very good understanding of Greeks (Delta, Gamma, Theta etc.) and other risk components
- Knowledge of financial mathematics, stochastic calculus, and structured products
- Expert in VBA/Python/R programming along with in-depth understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
What's on Offer
This role would offer you variation, stability and career progression in addition to a highly competitive compensation.