VP - Credit Risk for Mid-Market Local Corporates | Leading MNC
Excellent chance in a mid-market segment in a credit role
Chance to move into a RM role within a year
About Our Client
Our Client in India is a full-serviced commercial bank catering to a wide range of SME, Mid-Market and Corporate banking clients across industries. Our client is amongst the first foreign banks in India to have a dedicated strategic Business Unit focused on Local Corporates. In addition to expert advice and services the unit offers its clients a complete range of corporate banking products and services which includes Operating Accounts, Cash Management, Cash-To-Mobile Receivables Solution, Forex Services, Trade Finance, Treasury and Risk Management, Online Banking Investment Management and Advisory services along with Strategic Products such as Advice on Acquisitions, Mergers and Divestures, Capital Markets, Structured Trade Finance and Cross Border Financing. Our client global resources and expertise is currently a dominant player across several industry verticals including Pharma, Packaging, Ecommerce, Travel management, Information Technology, ITES-BPO, Capital Goods, Auto Ancillaries and Chemicals.. The Bank offers an unparalleled global network covering over 100 countries and an extended correspondent network of over 3,000 banks.
Our Client is looking for a Credit Risk Manager to join their team in Mumbai, India in the mid-market commercial banking team. This is an individual contributor role with potential to translate to a business development manager role.
On a daily basis, a Credit Risk manager will be responsible for the following:
- Work very closely with the business development team and the relationship management team of the mid markets banking group
- To help the coverage team in ensuring Regulatory Requirement is met in relation to Credit Approval quality and deliverable on a timely manner
- The credit analysts' responsibilities is to prepare Credit Approval Remark in the following points (both locally approved and/or approved elsewhere CA): Industry analysis, analysis, Obligor's analysis which also include to prepare projection, analysis which also include to prepare projection, Assessment should cover : past performance, capital structure and prospect, should cover : past performance, capital structure and prospect, Any other requirements as set out in the Regulation, other requirements as set out in the Regulation, Facility rationale and to a certain extent reviewing the ORR and FRR assignment
- Prepare the Debt Rating Model when it is required
- Liaise with Risk Department, CRMS and coverage team should there be new and/or policy and/or procedure gap
- Liaise with the Approving Unit for any related Obligor's qualitative and quantitative analysis where it is required ie. LTFS from emerging markets, etc.
- Participating in the Round Table Risk discussion
The Successful Applicant
- Should have a deep understanding of the mid- market segment with 9+ years of proven credit and sales experience in Financial Institutions dealing with commercial banking clients
- Should display a penchant for multi-product sales with an understanding of banking products (assets and liabilities)
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and work independently
- Excellent understanding of credit
- Top tier B- school postgraduate - Only IIM's/ XLRI/ ISB/ JBIMS
What's on Offer
Whats on offer:
- Best in industry compensation and a brilliant chance to be a part of a global bank