Vice President Operations - Global MNC in Food Business
Head Pan India Operations, Supply Chain and Project Management functions.
Work directly with the India CEO as a part of the Country Steering Team
About Our Client
Our client is a US based MNC specializing in the Food space, alongside a Global presence and an ever-increasing India footprint. They are currently in the middle of a phenomenal growth trajectory, and are looking to bring on board a Vice President Operations to lead the overall Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Project Management for the business.
Reporting to the Executive Director & CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- To head Pan India Operations, Supply Chain and Project Management functions.
- As a member of the India Steering Team, to contribute to the development and execution of Long-Range Planning (LRP), Annual Operating Planning Process (AOP).
- To manage all the Manufacturing Plants - Set up strategic plan for Production & Maintenance.
- To Review and Set performance standards for all functions reporting besides effectively controlling / reducing COGS and introducing new cost-saving initiatives.
- To review and develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- To strategically lead the sub functions of SCM - Warehouse (Dry & Cold), Logistics and Transportation services.
- To review and develop SOPs to liaison and negotiate with Suppliers, Manufacturers and Vendors.
- To develop and ensure proper execution of SOPs for keeping track of quality, quantity, stock levels / Inventory, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency in most optimum manner.
- To develop and improve on supplier's connect programs, Vendor Management, Negotiation and control processes for Warehouse (RM/PM and FG) to ensure optimum level of Inventory in day store, external stores and FG Warehouse.
- To develop and control all Inbound - Outbound logistics processes including transportation, material movement & control, and warehousing to ensure finished products are in the right place and at the right time.
- Co-ordinate with WHQ and other global plants for information/best-practice sharing
- Maintain good relationship with government organizations; comply with local and International laws, regulations and Food Safety requirements (FSSAI) as applicable to the business.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating projects (Brownfield & Greenfield) as per company guidelines.
- Working with Indian and US partners for requirement of projects, timelines, budgets and planning.
The Successful Applicant
MBA and University Degree in Science/Food/Dairy Technology/Engineering with 20 - 25 years relevant experience at a leadership position in dairy/non-dairy industry. Track record in a setup which enables familiarity with food equipment and a rich experience across Operations (Production/Supply Chain/Maintenance) is a must. The person should be familiar with the modern management systems.
The incumbent must have a proven track record in operations management including production/manufacturing exposure along with solid supply chain fundamentals.
What's on Offer
A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.