Trade Compliance Manager
Lead the entire Trade Compliance function for the company
Work closely with GM & Global Trade Compliance Head in a high visibility role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global MNC operating in coding & marking solutions. They have been present in the subcontinent for more than two decades. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be significantly impacted by their Trade Compliance function. They are looking for a Trade Compliance Manager to be based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the GM and be responsible for:
- Interpret regulations affecting the operation of the organisation (including distributors) and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and regulatory reporting requirements in support of process compliance and product quality.
- Monitor and keep track of changes in government policies, rules and regulations and other government matters related to the company operations.
- Work with external agencies and consultants to seek expert guidance on regulatory matters. Pro-actively co-ordinate and work with regulatory authorities for seeking clarity and interpretation on regulatory requirements
- Regulatory aspects include amongst others, import and exports, warehousing, material handling and transportation, licenses/ permits/ NOCs from government authorities
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines, internal policies, environmental guidelines etc.
- Process, conduct and track investigations and compliance audits for regulatory audits internally.
- Oversee compliance program and promote compliant culture. Responsible for compliance reporting and training from all regulatory and EHS points.
- Set up a robust EHS system and culture for the organization. Manage safety and industrial hygiene programs and ensuring audit readiness
- Advise other functions and co-ordinate with them to comply with specific regulatory requirements including application for licenses, permits etc.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate should come with at least 10 years' experience in compliance, having worked in multi-national companies. (Preferably US headquartered MNC's). Sound working knowledge of the Indian Laws coupled with extensive experience of working with government agencies like customs for import related consignments is equally important.
The person must have excellent analytical, organizational and presentation skills and be able to work in a matrix environment.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.