SVP - Data Analytics & Testing - Compliance & AML (Global Bank)
Newly created team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest global Banks with demonstrated strengths across Corporate Banking, Consumer Banking and Investment Banking. They are looking to hire a seasoned analytics professional to lead their compliance analytics function.
Reporting into the Director, you would responsible for leading the compliance testing & data analytics function of the bank. This team is responsible for addressing potential regulatory and compliance risks globally, covering testing programs across retail and corporate banking portfolio. The team focuses on providing forensic data mining and system and data assurance capabilities through the development of analytics, data visualizations, automating test scripts and continuous monitoring functions using an Integrated Operating Model. The team performs a balance of recurring and ad-hoc testing to manage both the defined regulatory risks along with emerging risks within the industry and across each business sector.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have significant experience deploying strategies that include large scale numerical and/or textual data analysis (Python, R, SAS, SQL), familiarity with Hadoop and related tools (Hive, Hue, MapReduce, Impala, Spark), and exhibit data visualization skills (Qlikview, Microstrategy, D3.js). This role will require someone that is comfortable taking initiative and knows when to deploy the ideal analytical technique to solve complex problems. You should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable leading others.
Some of the other key requirements of the role are as follows:
- Bachelor's Degree required in any of the following: Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, and Engineering (open to system, computer, industrial, electrical etc.), Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- Master's degree preferred in any of the following: Business Administration, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, IS, Mathematics and Statistics
- 10+ years of database or data analysis skills in the Financial Services or related industry
- 7+ years of compliance, assurance/audit, or controls experience
- Excellent data analytic skills using SQL, T-SQL, or PL/SQL (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Excellent communication skills, both written (PowerPoint, Visio, Word etc.) and verbal
- Excellent rapid data discovery and prototyping skills
- Experience with data visualization such as Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or MicroStrategy
- Experience creating and maintaining dashboards to periodically report on key risk, performance and compliance indicators
- Experience with VBA/Java/Python/R/SAS/perl is preferred
What's on Offer
The individual would form part of the Leadership team and responsible for contributing towards the vision of the organization.