Supply Chain Manager
Drive for sourcing and vendor development, with maintaining supply relationship
Develop key material procurement strategy and mitigate of procurement risks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global chemical giants with core competence in speciality chemicals and performance materials. They have aggressive growth plans for India and hold a stellar market share within their line of products and services. They are looking for a Supply Chain Manager based out of corporate office for the India business.
Reporting to the Head of Operations & Engineering, the key accountabilities will be:
- Responsible for procurement of RM, PM & TG at the optimal cost, meeting budget.
- Establishing and validating all contractual agreements done with Vendors and Service Providers and to ensure commercial and legal compliance.
- Responsible for import of all Raw Materials & Finished Goods from foreign suppliers or other group companies. Plan and strategies bonding of imported consignments, customs clearances
- Keeping abreast of EXIM policy amendments, export documentation, export pricing, finance, shipments & other statutory requirements.
- Develop and manage vendor relationship and build an effective supply chain.
- Responsible for periodic updates to the management on the Material cost trend and appraise/advise on Buy strategy.
- Accountable for the Inward & Outward Freight with continuous mechanism for Cost optimization.
- Coordinate with Global Supply Chain on the Procurement, on time delivery and Service level improvements.
- Resolve any Commercial, Quality issue arising out of Procurement within stipulated period, to minimize the Damages.
- Establish Material Scheduling in the Factory for 'NO Stock out ' scenario
- Optimization of Inventory
- Responsible to closely work with Factory for efficient Material receipt on time for proactive steps to mitigate risk.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally 12-15 years of experience in the Chemical industry coupled with strong familiarity of the EXIM clearances and order execution is very important. The candidate must currently be managing a team of executives or higher, with work experience of SOP & MRP environment.
Experience in chemical industry procurement and exposure of having negotiated and executed capital equipment orders (ideally greater than INR 50M) is great to have.
What's on Offer
Multi-cultural environment and working with people from different BU and countries. Role with high visibility and opportunity to work with the leadership team.