Strategic Sourcing Manager
Negotiate prices & commercial terms for Raw Materials for Packaging Industry
Work closely with Sourcing Head, Supply Chain, Pricing, Performance of Supplier
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest conglomerates globally with multi billion USD in market cap. They have aggressive growth plans for India and hold a stellar market share within their line of products and services. They are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, reporting to the Head - Sourcing for India, to support the strategic sourcing initiatives for the India business.
The incumbent will report to the Head - Sourcing and be responsible for:
- Centralized negotiation of prices & commercial terms with the suppliers of Raw Materials (Polymer resins, Plastic films, Paper, Aluminium Foil, Copper, Inks, Adhesives, Coatings, etc), Engg items, Spares, Packing Material, Fuel, Consumables, etc. for Imports and Domestic procurement.
- Identification, floating inquiries for quotations / RFQs, making comparative analysis of prices and terms for purchasing decisions, negotiations and finalization of Contracts with Service Providers for AMCs, Utilities, Contracts for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and other Project related work and Capital Purchases.
- Establishing of pricing mechanism with vendors based on periodical movement of input prices.
- Assess and evaluate existing suppliers' performance jointly with Supply Chain.
- Collaborating with the Technical team for development of new Vendors and Materials.
- Expansion of sourcing base for supply risks mitigation and better negotiations opportunities.
- Resolve issues related to price, quality, delivery and invoicing with the suppliers in coordination with technical, operation and supply chain teams.
- Vendor relationship management with domestic and overseas suppliers in terms of pricing, commercial terms, volume, lead time, quality, innovation and service.
- Monitoring the price trends of feedstocks / key RM inputs, supply market developments on pricing, demand-supply situation and capacities.
- Making agreements with the suppliers on pricing, volume rebate, business share, with inputs from Supply Chain and Plant Operations.
- Negotiation of the rates for disposals of unused materials/items for all plants and updating in the system.
- Preparation of periodical MIS for Sourcing reviews, Budgeting and Group reporting.
- Keeping track of discounts, rebates, claims and savings through negotiations and new source development.
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 8-12 years' experience in medium to large organisation, including 5-6 years in Strategic Sourcing of Raw Materials and have a 360 degree sourcing activities experience with an MBA in Operations/Supply Chain. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, also experience with Sub-Contract with Suppliers and Vendors.
Professional accreditation in the SCM area would be considered an advantage.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.