Strategic Sourcing Head - Global Leader, Labelling & Packaging
Part of leadership group of the company driving strategic sourcing initiatives
Leverage the supply planning skills in a high visibility team handling role
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest conglomerates globally with multi billion USD in market cap. They have aggressive growth plans for India and hold a stellar market share within their line of products and services. They are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Head, reporting to the Director for India, to lead the strategic sourcing initiatives for the India business.
Reporting to the Director of India business, the key accountabilities will be:
- Manage the stability of the input raw material costs
- Drive initiatives to reduce the amount of material used in packaging
- Determining how much to spend on maintaining and adding to the capability of the machine park
- Accurate and consistent measurement of the KPI's associated with the function
- Visibility of highly profitable markets, products and customer relations and effort invested on these
- Deliver new shapes and materials, print greater definition and deliver short run lengths economically
- Ensure profitable transportation to customers considering low value nature of good
- Develops Company's Strategic Sourcing Vision with particular focus on vendor selection and management.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining vendor relationships appropriate for the strategic and operational impacts to Company, including implementing contracts where appropriate.
- Negotiates pricing and business terms with an aggressive stance on cost reduction and balancing risk to Company.
- Leads Sourcing and Planning team members at Company's production facilities. Responsible for hiring decisions, team building, and professional development of this diverse team.
- Supports Company's Marketing Team by insuring vendor selection and management meets the necessary requirements.
- Works closely with Company's Legal, Quality, Operations, Marketing, and Finance teams on alignment of Company's Strategic Sourcing Vision cross functionally.
- Creates advanced, automated, actionable analytics to measure and drive success.
- Develops a systematic approach to purchasing P&I, and managing inventory that focuses on definition and execution of inventory targets and EOQ.
- Defines and ensures optimal inventory levels to supply Company's production facilities to be able to execute the Master Production Schedule.
The Successful Applicant
15-20 years of experience in procurement in a CPG manufacturing environment including developing and negotiating contracts. 8 - 10 years of experience managing a procurement team. MBA/PGDBM, with exposure of having worked with Global MNCs and strong process orientation is desirable.
The incumbent should have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and with strong articulation on points of conversation. The role requires someone who is willing to take a stand during business conversations and brings an open mindset. The client will critically evaluate the leadership potential.
What's on Offer
Role is a part of the leadership team of the company which believes in an exceptional level of talent mobility.