Senior Manager Operations (West) - B2C
Responsible for a standard Pick Up & Delivery station operation
Complex regulatory requirements include customs, road & air transportation, H&S
About Our Client
Our client is a globally leading MNC in the logistics services space and have been present in the subcontinent for more than 3 decades. Touted as a Great Place To Work regularly, they have aggressive growth plans for India which will be significantly impacted by their Operations function. They are looking for a Senior Manager Operations to be based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the Director Operations and be responsible for:
- Achieve optimum performance levels by communicating a compelling vision & purpose, translating corporate requirements into meaningful & practical local actions & targets.
- Using effective management tools (MBO/PBO process, PRs, best practices etc.) to set balanced objectives that ensure achievement of corporate vision & goals.
- Achieve operational excellence & the optimal customer experience by correctly implementing & following established corporate operational processes.
- Use robust methods & tools to manage the budget & ensure that all costs are regularly reviewed and controlled within agreed limits.
- Initiate & adhere to all local country employee & legal consultation or approval requirements.
- Manage and control diverse aspects of safety & security for an assigned area /location ensuring ongoing compliance with defined company standards & wide-ranging legislative requirements. Monitors, measures performance & takes appropriate actions to achieve/exceed operational targets.
- Contribute to optimum profitability by identifying & recommending revenue generation and cost reduction initiatives.
- Identify significant cost reduction opportunities & develop & recommend an appropriate business proposal.
- Develop and maintain an effective network of contacts, both within and outside of business including key contacts within Company, Customers businesses, Customs and other regulatory & professional organizations. Use these contacts at appropriate times to achieve optimum results for the business & Customers.
- Identify & engage with relevant stakeholders & decision makers to ensure a holistic approach & achievement of the strategic business objectives. Includes creating and fostering a safety/security focused culture with employees & vendors. Advises & informs Customers on relevant requirements & specific actions needed for their specific business.
- Negotiations with works councils, unions, etc and leading/supporting interactions with external bodies (airport or transportation authorities, fire & emergency departments, customs etc) to gain input, agreement or approval.
- Ensure the development &/or implementation of effective performance measurement tools & processes to record & track key aspects of Company & vendor operational performance (service, people, profitability etc.) within an established operation.
- For areas not covered by corporate processes (Customer requirements, facility constraints, linehaul, equipment etc.) - identify, develop & implement local processes & procedures to maximize efficiencies.
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with a post graduation & at least 15 years' experience in express operations having a strong exposure in the Pick Up & Deliver services. Geographical knowledge of the West region is absolutely mandatory. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.