Senior Manager Logistics
Planning and Forecasting dispatches and material movement
Execution capability and ability to make things happen
About Our Client
Our client is a US based MNC specializing in the Non- Dairy Foods space, alongside a Global presence and an ever-increasing India footprint. They are extremely driven by the business initiatives in their endeavor to become the market leaders in their space, and need a strong Logistics leader to manage the responsibility for the same.
Reporting to the Supply Chain & Logistics lead, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Planning and forecast on cost and resources required to carry out logistics given the business plan
- Guide the logistics planning process and ensure its alignment with sales forecast within the constraints of timelines, customer's need and organization's resources
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external entities to minimize legal and operational impediments and to ensure that the goods are delivered as per timelines.
- Ensure that products are made available to the distribution channel-Distributors/retailers as per the sales orders within agreed timeline.
- Manage effectively the logistics and movement of material during season.
- Lead the effort to continually improve the effectiveness of the logistics through robust processes and continuous monitoring and audits.
- Ensure that the distribution of finished products is achieved at the minimal cost so that it does not exceed budget.
- Do the negotiation with transporter & C&F's to finalize contract within the budget.
- Planning the introduction and appointment of new C&F's & transporters. Fixing the terms of C&F's & transportation , negotiations and contracts.
- Planning and need analysis for warehouses to be built keeping in mind freight considerations and supply chain considerations.
- Design the logistics network across India so that each market is adequately served within the least time and cost.
- Ensure that C&F's activities are managed properly to enable faster delivery of goods to the customers based on the plan & based on FEFO
- Prepare and send monthly MIS on logistics and documentation activities to the senior management to support the process of decision making.
- Maintaining stock registers on the online system with regular reconciliation/verification of physical stock
- Developing and adhering to standard operating procedures for warehouses, and Logistics management
The Successful Applicant
Minimum 10 years' experience in stock and transport logistic management with 5 years managerial (PAN India head) experience from a frozen food manufacturing company. General knowledge of supply chain and current industry practices with strong leadership and management skills.
Proactive with sound problem solving skills and hands-on approach, and knowledge of India marketing environments and trends, practices, traditions, philosophies, policies, competitiveness, key players and product knowledge a must. The incumbent must have the ability to handle fast developing business and work independently under stringent timelines besides a strong commercial acumen.
What's on Offer
A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.