Safety Manager (Kandla)
Managing the health, safety and environment compliance issues at the unit
Delivering and maintaining a safe and secure working environment for all staff
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader recognized among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business. They are one of the world's leading international commodity trading companies operating in over 20 countries globally, in procurement, sustainability, and export as well as importing and distribution with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future. They are looking for a Safety Manager, based out of Kandla.
The incumbent will report to the Group HSEQ & CSR Manager and be responsible for:
- Update site health and safety plan, agree with senior site management, and execute.
- Recommend improvements to site policies, procedures, solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures and implements these improved controls.
- Report on action list progress, health and safety awareness, issues and statistics to management.
- Enforce company policies to improve the culture of health and safety.
- Raise awareness and improve safety culture by organizing and conducting health & safety and accident prevention presentations and training for employees, site supervisors and site managers.
- DirectslocalHSE site officer to:
- ensure activity risk assessments and product SDS are in place, staff is trained on the controls and compliance on this is supervised.
- Validate safety of processes, equipment and machinery.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, facilities and worker activities to assess risk and adherence to safety controls, PPE compliance, SDS controls, etc.
- Monthly progress calls with Group HSEQ & CSR Manager.
The role is working closely with the site HSE officer on factory floor level executing the local site safety program and action plans. The ability to communicate with both worker level and senior site management is essential. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and operates an effective safety management system (SMS) that actively supports occupational health and safety.
The Successful Applicant
Proven experience (minimum 15 years) as safety manager in a factory / production environment and a proven leader who can effectively manage people and projects to get results. Good understanding of legal health and safety guidelines (risk and safety assessment, hazard analysis) coupled with valid qualification in occupational health and safety, BSc/BA in safety management is preferred.
Good knowledge of data analysis and ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies besides attention to detail and observation ability will be thoroughly evaluated. Since the role involves working with global stakeholders, good communication, interpersonal abilities and fluency in local language and English is a must. The candidate should come with strong levels of literacy and numeracy & also be tolerant and respectful of the views of others. The person must be proficient and self-assured.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.