Risk Analytics Manager
Excellent Opportunity to set-up the Analytics practice in India
Drive Growth and impact in the India business
About Our Client
Our client is a Fintech and Artificial Intelligence company that pioneers alternative credit scoring for emerging markets using telecom data and other new data sources. It is funded by top global venture capital firms.
Our client is comprised of Ph.D. data scientists from Stanford Research Institute, Microsoft, IBM etc., and banking leaders from Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Barclays. They are the Winner of the Future of Money and Technology Summit 2014 and the Winner of Innotribe Startup Showcase Asia 2015. Founded in Silicon Valley, it is now headquartered in Singapore, with R&D labs in Ho Chi Minh and Melbourne, and offices in Hanoi, Mumbai city, Bangalore, Manila, and Jakarta.
As a Risk Analytics Manager, you would:
- Be responsible for designing and developing state-of-the-art, data-driven exploratory analysis to build and evaluate predictive and decision models to solve business problems across financial, telco, insurance and other industries. End results include the design, development and deployment of statistical and decision models.
- Manage the analytic components of the project, including project schedules, workflow, and direction to the analytic team and ensure the client's business objectives are incorporated into the analytic plan.
- Communicate key analytic findings to client and are responsible for addressing client's analytic concerns.
- Build and evaluate predictive and decision models to be deployed in production systems, or for research. This includes the analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria and performance definition, and variable selection, and experiments with different types of algorithms and models, analyzing performance, to identify the best algorithms to employ.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Set priorities and manage projects of medium to large scope; identify roadblocks and work to resolve them.
- Review project variances against deliverables; negotiate necessary changes without committing to the impossible, and engage in direct dialogue with client to achieve agreement on project outcomes.
- Adapt to changing environments, resources, and project demands.
- Determine appropriate model report format for communication with clients.
- Participate in pre-sales support and/or provide post-implementation support which may require travel.
- Create, review, and deliver formal presentations of work to clients.
- Participate in authoring white papers, proposals and publications.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful candidate for the Risk Analytics Manager, you should have:
- BS degree in statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, operations research field (MS preferred)
- Significant hands-on experience conducting and leading medium/large predictive analytics engagements, exploratory data analysis, data management and data preparation.
- Experience analyzing data in order to draw conclusions about data integrity, accuracy, and general relationships with proficiency in analytic tools.
- Ability to anticipate, investigate and analyze database and data processing problems to pinpoint cause of problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Experience in financial services industry strongly preferred
- Ability to use object oriented languages such as C++/Java and/or scripting languages such as Perl to manipulate data for purposes of model development is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge in SME banking industry and risk management
- Expertise in analytics and modeling, Basel compliance
- Strong communication, presentation and client facing skill sets
- Quick problem solving capabilities. Lead project team to deliver projects on time with client's satisfaction.
- Proven capabilities in people management and leadership
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to start the Analytics practice in the Financial services space as a Risk Analytics Manager from scratch in India with excellent Compensation and benefits