Regional Films Buyer
Meeting on time delivery, Direct Procurement, Regional Role
Work closely with the President to drive the overall Procurement strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home and personal-care and other products in Packaging Industry. Our Client shares a rich history with India spanning more than a century. With our vast knowledge in the field of chemistry, we manufacture high-quality, innovative products that cater to a wide range of industries. The Client in India has 4 production sites, and more than 2,000 employees and is well positioned to meet the current and future needs of the ever-growing Indian market. They are looking for Regional Films Buyer, based out of Mumbai office.
The incumbent will report to the President and be responsible for:
- Centralized negotiation of prices & commercial terms with the suppliers of Raw Materials (Polymer resins, Plastic films, Paper, Aluminium Foil, Copper, Inks, Adhesives, Coatings, etc), Engg items, Spares, Packing Material, Fuel, Consumables, etc. for Imports and Domestic procurement.
- Identification, floating inquiries for quotations / RFQs, making comparative analysis of prices and terms for purchasing decisions, negotiations and finalization of Contracts with Service Providers for AMCs, Utilities, Contracts for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and other Project related work and Capital Purchases.
- Establishing of pricing mechanism with vendors based on periodical movement of input prices.
- Assess and evaluate existing suppliers' performance jointly with Supply Chain.
- Collaborating with the Technical team for development of new Vendors and Materials.
- Expansion of sourcing base for supply risks mitigation and better negotiations opportunities.
- Resolve issues related to price, quality, delivery and invoicing with the suppliers in coordination with technical, operation and supply chain teams.
- Vendor relationship management with domestic and overseas suppliers in terms of pricing, commercial terms, volume, lead time, quality, innovation and service.
- Monitoring the price trends of feedstocks / key RM inputs, supply market developments on pricing, demand-supply situation and capacities.
- Making agreements with the suppliers on pricing, volume rebate, business share, with inputs from Supply Chain and Plant Operations.
- Negotiation of the rates for disposals of unused materials/items for all plants and updating in the system.
- Preparation of periodical MIS for Sourcing reviews, Budgeting and Group reporting.
- Keeping track of discounts, rebates, claims and savings through negotiations and new source development.
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 10 years' experience, including 6-8 years in execution of diverse direct procurement activities with a B.E in Chemical. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with a Global MNC player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.