R&D / Innovation Director
Only candidates with experience in setting up new labs need to apply
Candidates with a PhD will be preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a leading MNC that manufactures and distributes specialty chemicals. They have state of the art plants and have multiple production facilities across India. They are looking to bring on a R&D head to guide their NPD strategy to meet the challenges of their fast moving environment. This role will be based out of Mumbai.
Reporting to the VP - Operations and leading R&D operations, you will be responsible for -
- Building a team to execute the NPD strategy
- Building the lab strategy and procuring lab related equipment
- Keeping a close contact with sales and marketing to ensure all product development is in sync with customer needs and the business model
- Negotiating with consultants towards research needs or support
- Overall management of the R&D division
- Taking up travel to different plants of the company as when necessary
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally you have a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or a related technical discipline with at least 15-20 years of product development in a MNC environment. You must have demonstrated excellent team building and collaborative skills. Interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to setup and lead an entire R&D facility from scratch and work with an International player that offers great remuneration and perks