Purchasing & Sourcing Specialist - Speciality Chemicals Major
Support the strategic purchasing in their sourcing/ strategy prep/negotiation
Assist the strategic purchasers in their purchasing process
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global chemical giants with core competence in specialty chemicals and performance materials. They have aggressive growth plans for India and hold a stellar market share within their line of products and services. They are looking for a Purchase & Sourcing Specialist for the India business based out of the Mumbai office.
Reporting to the Head of Purchase & Supply Chain, the key account-abilities will be:
- Ensure the sourcing of the plants in coordination with the strategic purchasers (first treatment of the day to day issues)
- Realize the follow-up of the operational activity of the strategic purchasers (dashboards, reporting on receipts, inventory
- Apply the processes : follow-up of claims, suppliers assessment.
- By delegation of the strategic purchaser (who remains accountable), can be in charge of some negotiations.
- Create and update the outline agreements and convert PR to PO according to the strategic purchasers instructions
- Treat the price gap of the invoices vs. goods receipt (final validation by the purchasers)
- Contribute to the improvement of the purchase processes
- Analyze price trends, collect market information's and make actionable indicators.
The Successful Applicant
Exactness, good interpersonal skills tenacity, analytical, innovative. The candidate must be ready to reach out to others for assistance and ability to understand and summarize information coming from various sources. Bachelor's degree in Chemistry from a good institute and few years of working experience in chemical business: SAP (MM), and MS Office is desirable. Ideally 7-12 years of experience coupled with fluent English (oral and written) and Hindi (Oral) are necessary.
The candidate must be ready to take up new & challenging tasks; be pro-active and able to work in team and multi-cultural environment. Pleasant nature, ability to put in extra hours when required, ability to anticipate requirements and take action without being told is important. Maintain good vendor relationship, maintain high level of professionalism and integrity in all interactions within and outside the company.
What's on Offer
Multi-cultural environment and working with people from different BU and countries. High stake activities involving purchases of high value and/or criticality.