Ensuring objectives related to budgets, delivery and product quality are met
Work closely with Supply Chain Director to drive the overall Procurement budget
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European Oil and Gas Engineering MNC and have been present in the subcontinent for more than a decade. Delivering some of the biggest projects in the country, they have aggressive growth plans for India which will be significantly impacted by their Supply Chain function. They are looking for a Procurement Manager to be based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the Supply Chain Director and be responsible for:
- Ability to fit purchase into project ecosystem besides maintaining freight and supply chain costs
- Ability to drive Sales through strategic procurement
- Managing diverse procurement activities and aligning with design engineering
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with direct reports, senior management, customers, other support groups and project team members.
- Implementation of training and recruitment (local and international)
- Department staffing, training and oversight besides being responsible for annual employee performance reviews
- Business development proposals besides planning and resource allocation
- Review and approval of all purchase orders and contracts
- Ensuring accuracy and adequacy of purchasing/contracts negotiation and supply chain administration activities
- Fulfillment of various supply chain requirements relating to project performance
- Effective supervision of change activities to assure adequate protection of the company
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective actions
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 10 years' experience, including execution of diverse procurement activities and ability to fit purchase in the project environment. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, as is experience with Sub-Contract administration.
Professional accreditation in the SCM area would be considered an advantage.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.