Project Assurance Manager, Financial Services
Programme Management, Project delivery management
Financial Services, Global Shared Services
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading insurance companies, with significant operations across UK, US and Asia.
Reporting to the Global Principal Project Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Partnering with professional auditors to undertake assurance reviews of highly complex projects and programmes across the group, assessing health of projects against best practices
- Planning and managing the assurance review: develop review plan, ToR, timelines, management of dependencies and formulation of detailed reports, ensuring adherence to global framework
- Excellent stakeholder management to ensure stakeholders buy into assurance report observations and recommendations, with ability to challenge at all levels
- Matrix line management of internal and global resources, using 3rd parties including professional auditors to support delivery as needed
- Refine and enhance global project assurance framework, becoming subject matter expert in health check tools
The Successful Applicant
You will be a programme management professional with minimum 10-15 years of experience, with breadth of experience across all facets and stages of programme management lifecycle, preferably from the BFSI industry.
Expert knowledge of following is critical to this role:
- Programme management: Portfolio prioritisation/ Project status reporting process/ establishing and controlling budgets/ implementing controls and reporting/ change assurance
- Project Delivery Management Process and techniques: Methodology-Waterfall, Agile/ Planning/ Risk assessment/ Business design and architecture
- Qualification: Prince2 or PMP/ MSP/ AgilePM/ CAPM
The ideal candidate will have managed 10+ projects, within a programme or portfolio environment, with minimum 3 projects of 12 months+ duration, with a budget USD 5 Mn+ and staffing of 20+. Candidates coming with consulting experience (manager level, big 4) and proven track record of managing significant, complex programmes will be preferred. Candidate should have experience in establishing 1st and 2nd lines of defence within tech, financial or delivery business units and institutions, preferably from risk and assurance background in financial or tech companies.
Exceptional stakeholder management skills, quality management skills, commercial awareness and resource management (including third party management) are qualities that will differentiate a successful candidate.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be part of a leading business working with teams across the globe
- Best in class compensation + bonus