- Brilliant opportunity to work with a Leading Global Chemical Manufacturing MNC
- Excellent growth trajectory, benefits and flexible work environment
About Our Client
A multinational that started over 100 years back and has been growing ever since into various parts of the globe. It is one of the largest chemical producers in the world, ranking among the Fortune 500 companies to work for. It has a vast presence in India and are continuously working towards strengthening it even further.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement India, you will be responsible for:
- Managing complete procurement for Direct categories (raw material & packaging).
- Planning, implementing, maintaining and monitoring procurement strategies and policies.
- Analysing supply market capacity, import/export economics in raw material supply chain. Developing BCP (business continuity planning) for domestic and imported materials.
- Managing supplier relationships, vendor inventory, and purchasing procedures while aligning with supplier standards, budget, and quality.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to identify and develop initiatives to achieve Y-o-Y cost savings.
- Overlooking all contracts and ensuring quality of products and services at all times.
- Referencing raw material indices and data to forecast cost model.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate, you should:
- Be a chemical engineer with 8-10 years of work experience in procurement in a chemical manufacturing, petrochemical or oils and gas industry.
- Be thorough with using procurement tools (SAP MM, Ariba, Advanced Excel).
- Have considerable knowledge of methods of analysing suppliers & material, contract language, compliance requirements, and financial risk.
- Have the ability to develop & execute business continuity/strategic plans to provide direction toward the achievement of financial targets.
- Have a strong 'hands-on' people management, stakeholder management, team building, leadership and coaching skills.
- Be an excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
In addition to an attractive compensation package, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic & flexible environment, with a strong focus on research and innovation, aimed at achieving excellence at all levels.