President Sales -leading Indian pharmaceutical organisation
*Work closely with the Leadership team to drive strategic initiatives
*Market leading compensation coupled with a high visibility role to drive change
About Our Client
Our client is one of the market leaders in the Indian pharmaceutical industry. They are looking to hire their President Sales, reporting to the Managing Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you would be responsible for managing a business of almost INR 2000 crores.
- You would be responsible to create the strategy around various differentiated models of sales.
- People Management: Manage and motivate the assigned sales and marketing team to succeed and achieve their highest potential through training, coaching and practical supervision.
- Business Development: Ensure an in-depth understanding of the markets in including competitor analysis to provide expert support to the team in the identification of key prospect clients and market segments to promote and sell the entire range services. Lead the execution of the overall business strategy across the Sales and Marketing function for EMI and Corporate sectors; delivery of business targets including renewal of existing client base and acquisition of new customers each financial year.
- Account Management: Support growth of profitable revenue through the use of up-selling and cross-selling within the client base across the assigned segments.
- Sales Performance / Process Management: Measure and drive productivity for the assigned sales segments i.e. EMI and Corporate Sales. This will also include effective management of the related Sales & Marketing related G&A within budget as appropriate.
- Stakeholder Management: Provide timely feedback relating to new business, account extension, renewals, sales pipeline and performance against targets
The Successful Applicant
20+ years of total experience in the FMCG/Consumer Healthcare industry.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Successfully leading PAN India Sales with business size of INR 1000crores + and a team size of 1000+
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of profitable sales growth and exceeding sales targets including financial and non-financial objectives.
- P&L and G&A management experience
- Strong sales background, with proven "hunter" attributes towards acquisition of new business and exemplary levels of client care and focus in account management to drive extension business and build relationships across all levels of the client.
Required Behavioral Skills
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills including performance evaluation, improvement and management skills
- Strong negotiation skills (impact and influence)
- Excellent numeric, written and oral communication skills.
- High profile networking ability, strong relationship building skills and confidence with senior decision makers
- Ability to work in a multi-lingual and multicultural environment where collaboration is the norm
What's on Offer
An opportunity to lead Sales with one of the leading India pharmaceutical players and bring a differentiated thought process and experience.