Payroll Manager - Media & Entertainment Firm - APAC Region
Excellent opportunity with a large media & entertainment MNC
An opportunity to steer payroll at APAC level
About Our Client
Our client is a large media & entertainment MNC. They are looking for a Payroll manager, who will be responsible for managing the payroll function for the organisation's APAC locations: Singapore, India, China, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, and Philippines. The Payroll Manager will work with the company employees, Human Resources and third party payroll providers to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately, payroll questions are answered and employees are educated on our tools and services. This individual also ensures compliance with local and international payroll, tax, and accounting requirements.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and effective processing of Asia payroll activities, including producing accurate and timely payroll reports and monthly accounting. You will also be the primary support and contact for our payroll and HR teams based in local offices across Asia as well as outsourced payroll providers. The Payroll Manager is a team player with a strong sense of ownership and commitment to excellence.
- Manage monthly payroll services for Asia based employees, liaising with local HR to reconcile and resolve employee data variances, and submitting data to service providers for processing; reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Scrutinise payroll data to ensure consistency and accuracy / reasonableness of employee data provided by HR Information Systems (HRIS)
- Manage outsourced payroll vendor relationships and act as the Asia project lead on transforming payroll services; ensure adherence to policies, procedures and SLAs
- Provide key project support on integrating Asia payrolls into a regional/global platform
- Perform year-end reporting for all payrolls, including liaison with external stakeholders on timely and accurate submission of tax, insurance and benefit in kind data as required by local company agreements and local country legislation.
- Administer, develop and provide enhancements to the company's ESOP plan
- Ensure exercised stock options are reconciled for accuracy and reported to tax authorities
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits. Administer monthly and annual tax settlement for payrolls.
- Assisting the Global Mobility team in discussing transfers and reviewing agreements for transfers into and from Asia
- Deliver excellent customer service by answering employee queries and resolving issues promptly
- Record applicable month-end accounting entries to the general ledger controlling accounts for payroll transactions
- Reconcile GL Balance Sheet accounts for all GBS supported entities, ensuring reconciling items are reviewed and cleared according to policy
- Ensure controls are performed and supporting documentation retained for Sarbanes Oxley compliance and financial and statutory audits
- Contribute to other projects / duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- 10-13 years of experience in Payroll with 8+ years of regional payroll experience in Asia, specifically Singapore, India, China, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, and Philippines and/or working experience in a multi-country environment
- Detailed extensive knowledge of employment regulations, Asia payroll, shared based compensation, and taxes, specifically salary payment, pension fund contributions and personal income tax
- Experience managing multiple outsourced payroll providers and ensuring service delivery meets KPIs and SLAs
- Knowledge of process controls and operational metrics is a key element to the role
- Proven results in project management and experience in executing new payroll processes, implementing systems, and identifying efficiencies
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and achieve results under tight deadlines in fast paced environments across internal teams and/or business partners effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work independently in a matrix leadership position and adopting a proactive approach
- Ability to exercise strong communication (written and verbal), customer service, reliability, problem solving and interpersonal skills in a collaborative environment
- Detail oriented, methodical, diligent and possesses strong analytical skills and good business acumen
- High proficiency with Microsoft products, SAP and Time Soft
- Sound grasp of financial accounting concepts and practices, specifically month-end payroll related journal entries, accruals, flux analysis and reconciliation requirements
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be in a Payroll manager role, managing APAC payroll for a large media & entertainment MNC. APAC & India exposure and opportunity to shape Payroll systems in the organization is on offer.