Operation/Asset Manager (Solar)- C&I
Opportunity to be a part of a growing Renewables company
Opportunity to contribute as a part of a high performing team in power business
About Our Client
Our client is a hands-on private investment company that takes active role in development, construction and operations of its investments. The funds are active in over 7 markets in Asia and Africa, with a project portfolio that includes solar, wind, biomass, and hydro assets.
- Overall responsibility for Operations works for all operating plants within the portfolio.
- Establish, set and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual O&M KPI's and financial targets.
- Ensure all plants are adequately resourced with competent and motivated staff.
- Build and lead best in class operational teams and provide leadership and mentoring to all levels.
- Ensure tight cost control by implementation and oversight of financial controls and processes.
- Work with the Country Manager and the rest of the management team to ensure continual pipeline growth
- Work closely with the project delivery teams in our portfolio companies to provide input and support robust project delivery as well as ensuring a smooth handover / transitioning from projects in construction to operations & maintenance.
- Relay and guarantee the implementation of Berkeley Energy core values in term of Ethics, Social Governance,
- Environment, H&S and Regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for budgetary control and setting of operational budgets for all sites.
- Contract management for plant O&M agreements and other operating agreements.
- Technical evaluations of the equipment to ensure optimal performance and to identify and implement performance optimizations to maximize generation.
- Implement best in class monitoring system to ensure reliability, maximization of all plants and effective customer relationship.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing compliance to operating policies and controls and to ensure consistency across all plants.
- Prepare capital budget submissions to ensure all upsides are fully understood and enable monitoring of upside once project implemented.
- Manage external relationship with keys stakeholders (customers, grid operators, governmental agencies, local communities, keys contractors, etc.).
- Prepare and attend monthly and as required meetings with senior management to present performances highlighting risks and opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced Operations Manager, with 15+ years' experience working on power/renewable energy projects. Knowledge of solar power (utility-scale and rooftop) is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in dealing with complex contractual agreements both in their underlying negotiation and adherence to scope.
- Extensive experience in preparation of detailed budgets, cost control, capital program management, financial and plant reporting.
- Experience in managing, coaching and building high quality operational teams.
- Competent knowledge and use of MS Office and general IT skills.
Relevant university degree (Master or Bachelor), preferably in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering (engineering background is a pre-requisite)
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites.
- Self-driven/entrepreneurial personality with managerial capabilities/experiences
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies.
- Cross-functional management capability.
- Leadership and fast-paced team player.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent negotiator and relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and pride in work.
What's on Offer
- Become a part of a high performing team to contribute in accelerated growth of the company with roots in Singapore and global operations
- Step-up the career with taking a well rounded and expanded responsibility of a fast growing team and organization
- Compensation is best in the industry