National Safety Head - Freight & Logistics MNC
Only candidates with experience in transport and warehouse safety should apply
Only candidates with a deep understanding
About Our Client
Our client is one of Europe's leading logistics service companies with a turnover of 4.8 billion globally, having presence in across 610+ locations with strong presence in Chemical industry. They are currently looking to hire a National Safety Manager to be based out of their Mumbai Office.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing HSE Policy, Disaster Management plan, Emergency Response Procedures & Safety Manual, Handling incident (accident, near miss, first aid case, etc) investigation, SOP preparation and Provision of LOTO.
- Identifying training needs and provide training as per training schedules, developing permit system, reporting formats, assisting as part of team to obtain the ISO 9001 Quality Certification
- Acting as advisory to entry of new chemicals / relative products into the warehouses, assisting project team on HSE aspects in upcoming new facilities, auditing warehouses for gaps in Health & Safety and report to respective warehouses for corrective action
- Setting up a measurable index of Health and Safety, preparing monthly MIS on this basis, keeping track of licenses and other certificates as required under government statute regarding their expiry.
- Advising management of new or amendments in central and state government legislation with respect to health and safety of specific warehouse products affecting us; advising management of any new technological developments in the area of health and safety which needs consideration.
- Liaising with the external agency for audits and conducting internal audits while ensuring complete implementation of Quality Management System
- Reporting the effectiveness of QMS to the top management, conducting Management Review, promoting awareness of QMS throughout the organization, conducting Safety Tool Box meetings and conducting mock drills and Safety Week celebration
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are an engineer with a degree in Chemical or Petrochemical or a graduate in a Safety Management discipline. You should have 7 - 9 years of experience as a safety manager for Transport as well as Warehousing. You should have a deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines. You should have very good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment. You should have strong communication skills and should be ready for the next challenging role in a growing organization.
What's on Offer
Be part of a meritocratic environment with great career progression opportunities.
Work in a growing environment with accomplished individuals from diverse backgrounds.