Marketing Finance Manager | CA 6-9 Years | Bangalore
Chartered Accountant with 6-9 years of experience in a manufacturing setup
The candidates should be experienced in marketing finance and sales accounting
About Our Client
Our client is an established player in the manufacturing of fertilizers. Listed on the National Stock Exchange an having a strong legacy of over five decades. They are now looking for a strategic individual to head the business finance for two states.
1. Working Capital Management - Monitoring receivables and working with the sales team to collect payments within the agreed credit cycle and limit, performing variance analysis (budget and actual analysis on all headings) & variable cost analysis (eg. freight cost), monitoring stock positions and escalating if the liquidation is not as expected, conducting stock reconciliation once in 6 months (physical stock checking), anchoring month-end closure activities, and timely reconciliation of all accounts.
2. Dealer Management - Supporting in dealer appointments, anchoring dealer credit assessment, finalising dealer agreements, reviewing dealer-wise outstanding payments and recommending appropriate actions, educating dealers and supporting in addressing the queries on usage of dealer portal, involving to resolve conflicts, if any, on the accounts and transactions between the company and dealers, checking dealer business documents before appointment and conducting field investigation (visiting the dealer, warehouse and to understand the reality), handling credit note and debit note, institutional sales (preparing letter of credit), and monitoring of MFMS portal for subsidy claims tracking to ensure all acknowledge on sales is done till the retailer level.
3. Vendor Management - Supporting in H&T appointments, renewing agreements with C&F (PPC, SND), H&T - fertiliser (annual or half-yearly), involving to resolve conflicts, if any, on the accounts and transactions between the company and vendors, checking vendor business documents before signing agreement, conducting physical verification of the godown once in 6 months, and participating in negotiation with vendors for promotional activities, and approving expenses and bills.
4. Planning & Compliance: Preparation of annual budget preparation and roll-out, ensuring total and timely statutory compliance (for local compliances) - ESI, TDS, ST, VAT, filing returns on time, legal compliance (CORAL compliance and take certificate for every qtr), obtaining and renewal of fertilizers and pesticides selling licences etc.
5. MIS Reporting - Preparation and submission of reports / MIS to sales, corporate and business leaders (plan vs. actual on every important financial driver), sharing projections on the financial health and suggesting actions to improve the same, participating in the monthly review etc.
6. Misc: Understanding of the market through market visits, gathering information about competitors functioning and strategies, attending legal case hearing, handling audits (internal and statutory), providing inputs for pricing strategies, training and educating the team, anchoring new initiatives etc.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate, you are a Chartered Accountant with 6-9 years of post qualification experience. You should have a work experience in FP&A or business finance in a manufacturing setup.
Candidates who can communicate in Tamil / Kannada / Both would be preferred.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to lead the business and commercial finance of two states for a listed organisation.