Manufacturing General Manager (Carpet) - Bandung, Indonesia
Reporting directly to the President Director
Excellent International Career Exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent yarn and carpet manufacturer in Indonesia. They are a part of a well-established Indonesia conglomerate that has diversified business interests. Part of their continued growth in the carpet business, they are looking for a new General Manager to lead one of their carpet manufacturing plants in Bandung, Indonesia.
We are seeking for a candidate to fill the role of the Manufacturing GM to manage our vertically-integrated yarn and carpet production facilities in Bandung, Indonesia. He/she will directly report to the Chairman and Board of Directors, and will be overseeing a few experienced production line Managers from various functions and about 450 production staff. The candidate must be commercially driven while at the same time have a hands-on approach to management of the plant operations - to be able to analyse and improve the plant manufacturing processes, efficiency, and optimisation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage daily production schedules to ensure on time, accurate, and complete delivery of finished goods and that customer requirements are met;
- Shoulder up full range of day to day production responsibilities and carry out the production planning designated by the group;
- Manage the operation within agreed KPI;
- Work with the finance division in creating, implementing, monitoring, and management of operational cashflows and bugets;
- Provide the correct skills set to perform the business demands of the business and customer;
- Lead the production team to improve the overall productivity and quality, control cost, reduce production lead-time, and maintain a stable workforce;
- Identify and nurture the next generation of production line managers;
- Work with HR, Finance, Sales and to enhance the inventory and production environment;
- Create strong relationships with all local and international suppliers of materials and services related to the manufacturing of the products;
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) or Lean Initiatives to study flow production and improve production performance, output efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have a very strong production experience from carpet industry. He/she must be able to work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and capable to train and coach staff.
- Minimum 10 years carpet manufacturing of which at least 10 years at managerial position such as Manufacturing Director/GM;
- Proven track records in managing and manufacturing using different types of yarn and different types of carpet manufacturing processes;
- Conversant with production planning, production management, quality control, budgeting and other commercial related matters;
- Have experience in Change Management and turnaround underperforming business;
- Fluent spoken and written in English;
- A fast-paced, proactive, intelligent, and driven individual;
- Must be willing to be based in Bandung, Indonesia.
What's on Offer
What's on offer:
- Excellent International Career Exposure and Progression
- Great Benefit and Compensation Package