Manager - Operations, Pune
Leadership role to lead PUD Operations in a leading logistics organization
Part of the strategic team, managing large teams & handling end-to-end operation
About Our Client
A 3PL organization, offering integrated business services in the field of shipping, logistics, ecommerce, delivery services, access, citizenship, global trade, aviation, transportation, freight, package delivery etc.
You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business.
- Plan warehouses and distribution centres for efficiency in both operations and capacity
- Organise transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills across Operations, Business Finance, Human Resources etc.
- Strategic and long term thinking.
- High degree of Business knowledge.
- Extraordinary Change Management skills: Processes, Policies, Training & Systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills.
- Strong bias for Impact based Action: company works at a very rapid pace & that is what would be expected.
The Successful Applicant
The client is looking for someone with 7-10 years' experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA (preferred). Previous experience of having handled operations in along with a business acumen is preferred.
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.