Meeting on time delivery, 3PL, efficiency and cost effectiveness objectives
Work closely with the Director to drive the overall Logistics strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in fluid handling solutions/products providing safe, economical, efficient, competitive and sustainable fluid handling product to the market. The group has a Global turnover of above $7 billion. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be driven by an aggressive portfolio of services including transport management system, 3PL, etc. They are looking for Logistics Manager, based out of Mumbai office.
The incumbent will report to the Operations Director and be responsible for:
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and inventory
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with third party service provider
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock level, delivery time, transport cost and efficiency
- Arrange and plan out warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routs and process shipments
- Resolve any problems and complaints
- Manage shipments through and coordinate with third party logistics service provider
- Meet cost, productivity and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance of third party service provider for services rendered and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and OHS&E requirements
- Continuously work on improvements
- Work proactively with various departments to realise efficiencies and manage expectations
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 7 years' experience, including 4-6 years in execution of diverse logistics activities with an MBA in Operations/Supply Chain. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, also experience with Sub-Contract with third party logistics players. Should have handled import and export market logistics and have a good awareness of the India Market.
Professional accreditation in the SCM area would be considered an advantage.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.