IR Head, Logistics Giant (15-20 years)
Pan India, Function Head profile
Reputed brand with best-in-class people policies
About Our Client
Our client is a well known logistics player with pan India presence and reputed brand.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. To deal with Trade Unions, Contractors, labours , communicating with workers on regualr basis and explaining in the language known by them to avoid any confusion.
2. Attending conciliations, on the disputes raised by different trade unions and other contract workmen individually for wage settlements and for any other disputes.
3. Review different labour laws, civil laws and consult with the company's legal representative to assure if the company is in compliance with all of these regulations.
4. Grievance handling, day today grievances of various sites and clients places across India. Grievances may be related to employees performance, individual or organisational or including clients / customer.
5. Maintaining harmony among workman and management/ Trade unions,
6. Addressing strikes, or stoppage of work.
7. Employee engagement and welfare activities for the contract employees.
8. Advising management on the statutory compliance and effects of decisions on the compliance. Wherever and whenever required and ensuring compliance management across the group / India with closely effective monitoring mechanism in place .
9. Liaison with government, labour, local authorities, politicians etc. who have a major impact in the operations of the organization.
10. Statutory Compliance especially related to labour laws, Provident Fund, ESIC, Professional Tax, MLWF, Factory Act, Shop and Establishment Act etc.
a. Regulations: responsible for ensuring companies comply to the General regulations includes health and safety, employment legislation, diversity, data protection,
b. Risk Management: familiarize with regulations and identify areas of the business to which regulations apply, assess the work of those areas and identify scenarios where there is a risk of non-compliance.
c. Policies: To maintain compliance creating various policies and procedures for all activities where regulations apply. Giving information to employees, and arranging training programme to build understanding and awareness.
d. Enforcement: carry out audits and reviews to ensure employees are following compliance policies. Respond to complaints from customers, regulators or other employees about cases of non-compliance.
e. Reporting: document all complaints to provide reports for senior management teams to highlight any issues or risk to the company's business.
11. Budgeting; contribute in forming budgets as per business requirements and supports for improving productivity to the business .
12. Cost Control/ rationalization of manpower: discuss and analyze with the business heads for cost controlling and maximum utilization of manpower.
13. Recruitment of contract manpower: Ensure right candidate is hired under contract, screening and final round of interviews are monitored.
14. Attending customer along with marketing and sales team: Presenting the strength of our IR and Compliance during the contract/ business finalization with the customer.
15. Attending court matters: attending Industrial court/ labour court / high court and supreme court matters accompanying the company appointed advocates.
16. Attending inspection under various Acts: Contract labour, Provident Fund, Mathadi, ESIC, Professional Tax, Factory Act, MLWF, Statistical audit, etc.
17. Checking of monthly Bills : Checking of monthly bills , Contract labour, Provident Fund, Mathadi, ESIC, Professional Tax, Factory Act, LWF, Satistical audit, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Purely IR, statutory and compliance expertise (no HR generalist experience) in manufacturing/logistics industry
- Required Qualification: Masters in IR/MLS with Law Graduate
- Required experience range: 15 to 20 years
- Very good communication skills and proven ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience in handling court matters, unions, settlements and disciplinary measures
What's on Offer
- Lucrative compensation
- Opportunity to work with a well established brand, in proven as well as new businesses
- Pan India portfolio with an extensive reach and autonomy