- Opportunity to lead Internal Audit team for India
- Opportunity to be a part of a multi-billion dollar European MNC
About Our Client
The Client is a well-known UK-based Food Manufacturing Company, with a global presence across 50+ countries.
- Provide independent, objective and periodic review of entities, in line with regional audit plan, to ensure that they are in compliance with FCF and other compliance guidelines.
- Complete own audit fieldwork with planned timetable and issue reports within a pre-set time frame with all audit findings supported by valid evidence (not dropped for lack of audit evidence)
- Regularly follow up on the status of agreed management action or control improvement plan including aspects like management letter of statutory auditors, internal control self-assessment (FCFQ) etc.
- Facilitate or even lead ad hoc taxation/regulatory compliance reviews or investigations, which may involve the use and management of external resources.
- Undertake periodic review of balance sheet of entities within the region to ensure that assets and liabilities are stated at fair value and in line with IFRS.
- Generally report on one off incidences/ process failures, as and when requested, with recommendations to set right or rectify the situation. In some cases, provide professional advice to assist regional management in implementing process changes.
- Promote the benefits of internal control and facilitate the transfer of best practice among the entities.
- Support regional management with expertise in maintaining a robust financial control environment in accordance with company standards, e.g., provide support to regional management on one off policy roll outs like IT security strategy, disaster recovery management and such other strategic initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- CA + 5 years post qualification experience in assurance / internal audit (Big 4 exp is a must)
- A process oriented approach in reviewing transactions, analysing risks and corroborating explanations with workflow/ documents.
- Commercial awareness and analytical ability.
- Technically strong with hands on experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skill with ability to focus on context, control failure and implications of control failure.
- Ability to utilise CAAT tools to perform analytical review and/or continuous auditing
- Knowledge and experience with IT general controls (ITGC) and/or ERP, especially Microsoft Dynamics AX or 365, is definitely a plus.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to head the Internal Audit function of India and South East Asia, reporting into the Asia Pacific Audit Head based out of China.