Role with a leading and large PSU Bank
Head Treasury role at ED level
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading and largest PSU banks in India.
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- To manage and oversee the functions and activities of Treasury Department of the Bank, in an effective manner, by deploying appropriate resources.
- To lead and motivate the assigned team by displaying strong integrity and business ethics, so as to achieve the business strategy of the Bank
- To manage, control and regulate effectively as also efficiently the Bank's funds and ensure that the liquidity position of the Bank is sound and optimally cost effective as also requirements of funds are readily met for ongoing operational and capital investment requirements;
- To closely monitor and oversee the dealing room and foreign exchange/money position of the dealers, within the approved risk parameters of the Bank;
- To forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment, and prudently use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the Bank's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- To drive and achieve target of trading / investment and Corporate treasury sales and achieve maximization of Profits through Fund Management and Trading in various instruments as also Corporate Sales in merchant trades of forex and other instruments.
- To closely monitor the statutory requirements of the Bank (SLR/CRR) as also adhere to statutory guidelines issued from time to time.
- To put in place a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities, and function in conjunction to various guidelines/policies on Market Risk, Corporate Credit, Corporate Investment, Derivative policy of the Bank
- To maintain excellent working relationship with investment community, credit rating agencies, inter-bank counter parties.
- Act as Treasury advisor to the Bank and apprise the top management of the significant aspects impacting treasury management of the Bank.
The Successful Applicant
- Academic Qualification: CA/MBA/PGDM /CFA or other relevant post graduate qualification will be preferred
- Desirable: Certificate in Treasury Management, Certified Treasury Dealer Course
- Technical Skills: Desirable - Knowledge of technical and fundamental analysis
- Other Skills /Qualities:
- Analytical acumen and flair for communication.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship skills
- Good presentation skills
- Motivation, Drive and commitment
- Should possess leadership and negotiation skills.
- Experience: Minimum 15 years in Banking or Financial services industry and at least 8 years in Treasury Department of any Bank/FI in middle or senior position.
- Preferably 4 years of Investment Banking Experience
What's on Offer
- Leadership role with a leading bank
- Opportunity to work at an ED level, as part of the management committee in a strategic level
- Best in class CTC + bonus, at par with the private sector