Head- Risk Analytics
Opportunity to work with a leading fintech firm
Opportunity to be a part of the growth story of lending business in India
About Our Client
Our client is India's premier fin tech company. They are currently developing proprietary risk models for disrupting consumer lending, particularly in unsecured lending space by building a path-breaking credit evaluation platform that would help scale the unsecured lending business for their partner banks faster. they are looking for Head- Risk Analytics for the company based out of Gurgaon.
As the Head-Risk Analytics, you will:
- Be responsible for designing and developing state-of-the-art, data-driven exploratory analysis to build and evaluate predictive and decision models.
- Provide thought-leadership on improving customer acquisition strategies, developing statistical credit models, and communicate analytical and credit ideas - internally, as well as to partner banks
- Ideate and help launch next-generation lending products and structures that will drive the next round of innovation and disruption within unsecured lending space
- Manage the analytic components of the project, including project schedules, workflow, and direction to the analytic team and ensure the client's business objectives are incorporated into the analytic plan.
- Communicate key analytic findings to client and are responsible for addressing client's analytic concerns.
- Build and evaluate predictive and decision models to be deployed in production systems, or for research. This includes the analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria and performance definition, and variable selection, and experiments with different types of algorithms and models, analyzing performance, to identify the best algorithms to employ.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Set priorities and manage projects of medium to large scope; identify roadblocks and work to resolve them.
- Review project variances against deliverables; negotiate necessary changes without committing to the impossible, and engage in direct dialogue with client to achieve agreement on project outcomes.
- Adapt to changing environments, resources, and project demands.
- Determine appropriate model report format for communication with clients.
- Participate in pre-sales support and/or provide post-implementation support which may require travel.
- Create, review, and deliver formal presentations of work to clients.
- Participate in authoring white papers, proposals and publications.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful candidate for Head- Risk Analytics, you should be:
- BS degree in statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, operations research field (MS preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience in unsecured credit risk, at least 5 years of experience in Indian personal loan market
- Significant hands-on experience conducting and leading medium/large predictive analytics engagements, exploratory data analysis, data management and data preparation
- Experience analyzing data in order to draw conclusions about data integrity, accuracy, and general relationships with proficiency in analytic tools.
- Ability to anticipate, investigate and analyze database and data processing problems to pinpoint cause of problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Proficiency in relevant analytic programming skills (R, Python, Excel) and willingness to work closely with large data sets and get into the details with business processes
- Specialized knowledge in SME banking industry and risk management
- Expertise in analytics and modeling, Basel compliance
- Strong communication, presentation and client facing skill sets
- Quick problem solving capabilities. Lead project team to deliver projects on time with client's satisfaction.
- Proven capabilities in people management and leadership
What's on Offer
Opportunity to build the team from scratch and be closely involved with the founders of the company to formulate strategies for the organisation