Head - Quality Assurance
Develop the quality organization through multiple initiatives
Manage the establishment and administration of a vendor/plant wide QMS
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader recognised among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be supported and catalysed by their Quality set up who will lead the initiatives around Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement. They are looking for a Head Quality Assurance, based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the JMD and be responsible for:
- Head the quality system related activities for products and processes related to vendor manufacturing and BUs. for continuous improvements.
- Provide quality leadership and support in development of new products and processes.
- Plan vendor evaluation process, develop criteria and ensure evaluations are conducted on time and reports released.
- Provide guidelines to BU and vendors for closing gaps in quality processes, monitoring and reporting results.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the quality systems.
- Interact with customer care for field related complaints and provide support for their reduction.
- Develop and implement new quality initiatives and strategic projects to continually improve the overall quality of products.
- Facilitate customer quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance to ISO standards.
- Create an ecosystem to improve product quality & sensitivity towards maintaining high quality standards through use of 7QC tools, SPC, Six Sigma and Kaizen.
- Lead the development & implementation initiative for improving the quality standards of organization.
The Successful Applicant
The client is looking for someone with 15-20 years of experience and preferably a MBA/PGD in Quality Management Systems besides a degree in Engineering (pref. Electrical or EXTC). Knowledge of manufacturing processes besides system related knowledge for quality process in manufacturing units is sought after. The incumbent must be capable of preparing quality plans and procedure preparation besides application tools for analysis.
Knowledge of environment, occupational health and safety issues arising out of vendor working and remedial measures besides competence to carry out ESH audits is highly desirable. The incumbent must have 3-5 years of heading the quality function in a similar industry. Hands on experience in processes like painting, motor design/mfg., injection moulding and aluminium casting process is an advantage.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with a market leader that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.