- Leadership role to head the procurement function (Multi Plant)
- Excellent growth trajectory & work with BU Head in a high visibility role
About Our Client
One of the largest auto components manufacturer in India with Global Operations.
Reporting to the Business Unit Head, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the procurement and supply chain (logistics, warehousing/ Exports) strategy, policy and procedures for an addressable spend in the region for Direct materials (Stamping/Forging/Machining/Sheet Metal) categories at a corporate level.
- Developing and implementing strategies for the effective negotiation and management of strategic contracts and suppliers.
- Leading and driving initiatives that deliver improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement activity and creating a simplified process for end users.
- Managing the day to day operation of the procurement department and its resources in order to deliver the Procurement Strategy.
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to achieve 'value for money' savings targets that support the achievement of budgets.
- Ensuring a high degree of compliance to the finance and purchasing regulations.
- Collaborating across supplier network to deliver optimum value for money.
- Determining and leading on the company's sustainable procurement agenda to support the strategic aims.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate, you should:
- Be a mechanical/Automobile/Electrical engineer with 12-20 years of work experience in procurement, logistics, warehousing and exports in a automobile/auto ancillary manufacturing industry.
- Have considerable knowledge of commodity purchasing, methods of analysing suppliers & material, contract language, compliance requirements, and financial risk.
- Have the ability to develop & execute business continuity/strategic plans to provide direction toward the achievement of financial targets.
- Have a track record of exceptional collaborative relationships with suppliers, contractors and colleagues
- Be an excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
In addition to an attractive compensation package, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a culture driven and a fast paced environment, with a strong focus on research and innovation, aimed at achieving excellence at all levels.