Head of Projects - Solar EPC
Head end-to-end Project Management
Renewable company with about 10 years experience in India
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading player in the Indian Renewable Energy sector with a specialisation in Solar. Besides EPC as one of their key businesses, our client also has IPP and OEM business verticals.
They are well known for their growth in this sector and have a strong pipeline of projects.
Reporting to the BU Head for EPC Projects, you'll be responsible for:
- Oversee timely completion of feasibility studies, site selection, environmental and other related clearances from government and statutory bodies
- Review benchmarking/ market intelligence studies against international and domestic EPC/ project teams on all project processes and use the analysis in consultation with BU Head - EPC to develop detailed plans for projects
- Develop project technical cost models by coordinating with Site Project Managers and refine the same based on relevant information
- Review cost-benefit analysis of different project execution models in terms of procurement costs and associated risks and provide detailed analysis
- Ensure adherence to budgets for all site costs and monitor all projects on a real-time
- Review root-cause analysis in case of time and cost overruns and facilitate speedy resolutions after reviewing relevant data
- Facilitate smooth transition from Projects to O&M
- Ensure reliable supply (timely and as per specifications) of high-quality equipment from EPC and Equipment providers by overseeing contract finalization and procurement activities of Project Procurement and site techno-commercial teams
- Ensure that Quality Assurance & Inspection (QA & I) requirements are embedded into processes and project specifications by reviewing results as per Quality Plans; escalate repeated issues to Project Procurement
- Review consolidated progress and budget reports and conduct periodic (quarterly) meetings and ensure that issues from earlier meetings have been resolved before subsequent meetings
- Ensure timely closure of any outstanding Non-Compliance Reports (NCRs) for the Site, as reported by internal/external audits
- Support implementation of any IT initiatives across project sites by coordinating with the Corporate IT team
- Ensure timely goal setting, monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to team members
Oversee succession planning for all key positions in the team and mentor and groom high-potential subordinates
The Successful Applicant
You will have an experience of 18 years - 25 years in Project Management. You will have experience leading large teams across multiple project sites in India. You will have experience in Solar or Renewable Industry.
What's on Offer
Besides excellent compensation, you will have an experience working with a growth organization.