- Only candidates with logistics exp. of atleast 15 years apply
- Only candidates with atleast 3-5 years of exp. in Petrochemical industry apply
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Oil & Gas player in India. They are looking for a Head Logistics candidate who can join them in the project phase itself and handle the entire logistics function, (national and international ) for their petchem project.
Reporting into the Petchem Marketing Head, you will be responsible for:
- Strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service
- Directing, optimizing, and coordinating full order cycle and meeting cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Planning and coordinating of product movement.
- Managing truck scheduling and loading operation while maintaining defined SLAs (Service-Level-Agreements with customers).
- Developing contracting strategy for third-party logistic (3PL) service providers keeping in mind technical, customer as well as target SLA objectives.
- Leading selection of third-party logistic (3PL) service providers. Expected to have deep understanding third-party logistic (3PL) contracts including Typical Terms and conditions, Typical seasonality trends for spot, Evaluation framework for a 3PL provider, KPIs for a 3PL provider and Operational performance of logistic service providers in polymer industry.
- Liaising and negotiating with transporters, shipping companies, freight forwarders, CHA's, surveyors, warehouse contractors, port authorities, customs and or excise authorities etc.
- Inventory of consumables like empty bags, pallets etc.
- Keeping track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency, inventory audits
- Arranging warehouse catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolving any arising problems or complaints
- Supervising, coaching and training logistics and warehouse workforce.
- Maintaining metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Complying with laws, regulations, ISO requirements and high safety standards in entire logistics operations including warehouse
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are a Logistics professional with overall atleast 15 years of experience and atleast 10 years of experience in Logistics as a function. You MUST have Logistics experience of petrochemical products. You should have strong written and oral communications and negotiating skills, should have ability to analyze and articulate opportunities, should have sound judgement, particularly in complex situations involving numerous stakeholders, should have ability to comfortably working independently, assuming risk, and managing uncertainty.
What's on Offer
Join a new business in an established organisation
Setting up a function from scratch