- Only candidates with 15+ years of experience in engineering/mfg. industry apply
- Only candidates with exp. in managing domestic & international logistics apply
About Our Client
Our client is a listed engineering organisation based in India with operations spread across the world. They are looking for a Head Logistics who can handle their domestic and international logistics including shipping, warehousing and local transportation in overseas sites
Reporting directly to the COO, you would be responsible for:
- Managing domestic and international logistics, warehouse, transportation, and service
- Setting up the infrastructure at international locations for warehousing, local transportation, customs clearance etc.
- Liaising and negotiating with transporters, shipping companies, freight forwarders, warehouse contractors, port authorities, customs and or excise authorities etc
- Sourcing shipping lines in coordination with local and international agencies. Understanding the laws of the land of different countries for material movement
- Meeting cost, productivity, and timeliness targets. Maintaining metrics and analysing data for assessing performance and driving improvements
- Working with utmost integrity and in-line with the code of conduct of the organisation
The Successful Applicant
Ideally, you are a Logistics and Supply chain professional with 15+ years of experience in managing complex international supply chain in a leadership role in the manufacturing industry. You should have extensive experience in dealing with shipping lines and international agencies across the globe. You should be creative in problem-solving and must have excellent communication skills. You should have a zeal to facing new challenges and expanding your horizons of learning.
You should have travelled extensively for establishing supply chain management. You should be willing to travel at various international destinations for long periods for setting supply chain systems.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work with market leaders
- Great remuneration and exposure to international markets