Head IT (Leading Commodity Trading firm)
Leading Commodity Trading firm
About Our Client
Our clients are an Indian MNC into metals, plastic, paper and wood recycling and trading. They are headquartered out of Belgium and are industry leaders in their space.
With a turnover of USD 500 million+, presence across 40+ countries and an ever increasing employee base, they are now looking to hire a Head of Technology to work closely with the business based out of Mumbai.
- Overall responsible for devising and updating IT strategy and road-map for the organization
- Collect & collate business objectives from the stakeholders and align IT objectives and goals to the same
- Define, roll-out, enforce and monitor IT policies and processes related to email, IT Infrastructure & Applications and End User Computing Devices
- Create digital road-map for the organization and set short, medium and long term objectives and time bound actions plans
- Create concept of turnaround time & give a tangible feel of it to everyone regarding IT
- Assess, monitor and manage vendor relations like Avaya, internet services, Office 365, hardware providers and other vendors.
- Keep all service providers / vendors on their toes and make sure that the organization derives maximum value of the services and clear accountability is taken by the vendors to provide optimal service
- Create a self-correcting / testing development system for developers
- Create escalation matrix & escalate challenges and issues well in advance
- Manage troubleshooting activities and document the same
- Recruit, develop, lead and monitor a team
- Re-structure the team and create performance development plans wherever needed
- Report & Analyse the performance of IT team members periodically
- Evaluate technologies and tools, whether self - discovered or passed on by management on basis of credentials, references, relevance, application and bring it to point of further evaluation by management
- Keep abreast with new tools & applications in the market and incorporate the best technology practices to integrate systems
- Document process flows and maintain it with time along with changes
- Develop, customize and integrate systems by driving ERP and other application projects from IT and also facilitate project implementation by proper coordination between Users, Vendors
- Work with the users to implement the new applications & development
- Drive customized projects with impact rather than wide spread roll outs.
- Carry out root cause analysis of minor and major technology breakdowns including infrastructure and network
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Return on investment calculation pre-implementation and monitor post implementation with objective to develop better group decision making
- Ensure security by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Periodical audits & up gradation of infrastructure & security systems
This is a hands-on role leading and working with both India Office team members, head office leadership as well as drawing on the functional resources from global locations to support and lead specific projects.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years of experience in IT application, IT projects, IT infrastructure, IT security & IT strategy & planning
- Prior experience and a proven track record in developing, customizing, integrating and supporting existing systems development is a must. It is also critical that he / she should have struggled in the same and tackled challenges during this process
- Dynamic, go-getter, self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude
- Commercial & entrepreneurial mindset
- Managing expectations of management and colleagues by giving timely feedback and requesting deadline extension for anticipated delay in advance.
- Strong direct people management experience
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) and receptive attitude
- Clear and quick fact-based decision making
- Experience in advising, problem analysis, developing recommendations and closing actions
- Excellent inter-personal & team building skills
- Continuously challenge, motivate and improve processes, people and results
- Be results driven, accountable and a key team player
- Ability to influence the management, colleagues & his team
- Adaptable and receptive to sudden changes & modifications in requirements
What's on Offer
Good opportunity to work in a large setup and use technology to drive benefits for the business.