Head Internal Audit
Leadership role with a growing company
Opportunity to work in a fast growing space
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing general insurance players in India.
Reporting to audit committee, you will be responsible for:
- Formulating the framework for risk based audit, plan and strategy for internal audits, management audits and concurrent audits
- Lead the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the group.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific organization systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with CEO and MDs with relevant departments/directors.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Provide an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control to facilitate the drafting the annual governance report.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the audit committee and the board.
- Provide advice on proposed developments such as major new systems and proposed initiatives to help ensure risks are properly identified and evaluated and appropriate controls built in.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified internal auditor with 10-15 years of experience, with experience in managing internal audits in the general insurance industry. Candidates having additional qualifications such as CIA and CISA, and with experience in information system audits will be preferred.
Additionally, you should have strong analytical skills, with an eye for detail. Work planning in order to multi task and excellent interpersonal skills are the qualities that will differentiate the successful candidate.
What's on Offer
- You will be part of the leadership team of a leading company in a fast growing space
- Best in class compensation + bonus