Head - Internal Audit (Retail - Kolkata)
An opportunity to work with a large Indian Group
An Opportunity to Head an entire Function
About Our Client
The client is in the retail space having a retail presence in over 35 cities in India. Many outlets though sport multiple formats for retailing food, apparel, fashion, electronics, lifestyle products, music and books.
- Provide strategic vision to set and nurture the Corporate Governance in the company by closely working with every function.
- Act as an internal consultant to other functions in:
- lying down the SOPs to strengthen Internal Control,
- continuous process improvement,
- Setting up Risk Control Mechanism
- statutory compliances
by conducting systematic processes reviews/audits/meetings/training sessions
- Assess business risk for the company/functions define and agree with functions head son Mitigation Plans with defined timelines. Regularly review the progress on Mitigation Plans,
- Help other functions in listing the every Statutory Compliance and develop the tracker/review mechanism to unsure the compliances.
- Develop a Control Self-Assessment check list and procedure for every function head.
- Timely closer of all audit observations and other open control points
- Regularly update Top Management, Audit Committee and Board on adequacy of Internal Controls and Audit mechanism, key audit findings and action plan, Risk Management and Statutory Compliance Status
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate would be a CA with 10+ years experience in the internal audit function in the retail sector.
What's on Offer
An Opportunity to Head an entire Function and be part of a reputed group.