Head of Finance
An exciting opportunity with a start up organisation
A chance to build and streamline the finance function
About Our Client
The company is a healthcare startup with mission to build the backbone for healthcare. They serve as the health hub for personal health and wellness needs. Their vision is to help doctors do what they do best - treating patients, and, improve the patient healthcare experience. They are headquartered in Bangalore in the middle of the most happening place for IT in India.
- Deliver on plan, P&L and commercial aspects of our services, data, and, product monetization that has superior value proposition and is financially favorable for the Tata Group per industry benchmarks while delivering profits for the Big Data company.
- Play a key role in the business decisions by understanding the business relevant metrics and carrying out financial analysis.
- Will chalk out the resource and billing for the various group companies that the Unit provides service to.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the leadership team, including but not limited to vendor appointments and negotiations with vendors.
- Provide the Chief of the Unit with an operating budget, participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Chief in identifying new opportunities, the drafting of prospective budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Report financial results to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Business Acumen - Should have an understanding of business operations, budgeting, planning, resource billing, pricing etc. Should be able to gather information to assist in business decision when requested
- Inspire and Influence - Should be able to build relationship with the team and be able to effectively resolve conflicts between team members and communicate tough decisions. Should be viewed as objective and trustworthy.
- Agility - Should be able to effectively manage change by quickly executing change initiatives- whether in product/service or people and show flexibility towards change management. Should be capable of reallocating time and shift resources to cope with varying situations. Should set priorities in cross functional multi-tasking. Meet deadlines. Prioritize to accomplish critical tasks
- Entrepreneurial - Should be able to spot opportunities for incremental improvements in his functional area and be able to provide creative ideas for the larger organisation
What's on Offer
The candidate is a Chartered Accountant with 12+ years of experience with exposure to a start up environment. He/She should possess strong stakeholder management skills. A strong exposure to business finance is desired.