Head of Data Engineering & BI - Big Data - Bank
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Bank that is rapidly growing their analytics setup and is looking to hire a seasoned professional to lead their Data Warehousing & BI function.
Reporting into the Head of Analytics, you would be responsible for leading the Data Engineering function of the bank. While leading a large team, you would be responsible for directing the bank's analytics platform migration in to the big data world (Hadoop and No SQL) distributed based data storage. You would also play a critical role in managing the analytics team transition to using open source analytics tools like R and Python. You would also be responsible for identifying and implementing cutting edge information solutions to address business requirements and provide strategic insights to Senior Management on emerging technologies.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's/Master's with 12+years of experience in technology across business intelligence, information management, data warehousing or data marts.
- Solid exposure in end to end implementation of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Cloud and Big Data (Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, Presto) landscape
- Strong background in cloud based analytics platforms - Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Building and supporting data lake and big data landscape for performing analytics and providing highly effective optimized business solutions.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills - ability to effectively engage with multiple product teams/stakeholders and support their key business objectives
What's on Offer
An opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic organization and contribute towards the development of ongoing and planned data analytics projects