Global Sourcing Manager
Development and management of new supply sources
Improve cost competitiveness through portfolio of qualified suppliers
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in the domain of their business specializing in building materials and construction products. Alongside a global presence, they have an ever-increasing India footprint and they are extremely driven in their effort to become the market leaders in their space in India. They are looking for a strong Global Sourcing Manager to drive cost competitiveness and by building an alternate pool of qualified suppliers.
The incumbent will report to the Head Procurement (APAC) and be responsible for:
- Supplier identification & qualification by researching & analyzing the regional market to utilize emerging opportunities
- Build strong relationships with new and existing suppliers to support the ever-increasing demand of materials and services
- Track suppliers' performance indicators based on their scorecards and rankings
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean Methodologies, supplier scorecards, and supplier audit to ensure supplier compliance
- Collaborate, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with sourcing strategy
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Recommend sourcing solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 5-7 years' experience in sourcing having developed and implemented vendor qualification. Experience in supplier development along with background in a high-volume manufacturing environment (e.g. steel, metal, automotive, consumer goods, etc.) is desirable.
Knowledge of the supplier market in India and understanding of the procurement process is a must have. Exposure of macro-economic trends covering free trade agreements and tax benefits is a great to have. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.