- Lead the Supply Chain for a Global Chemical & Allied Material Manufacturing.
- Excellent growth trajectory & work with the COO in a high visibility role.
About Our Client
A multinational that started its operations in India more than 60 years ago, it is amongst one of the largest manufacturers of chemical and allied materials. It has a vast presence in India and are continuously working towards strengthening its development of new products, improvement of existing ones, new technologies, processes and applications for indigenous and pan Asia-Pacific markets. They have aggressive growth plans for India, which will be supported by the presence of a robust Supply Chain system to cater to their business.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating the vision and strategy for planning, logistics and warehousing across India, establishing the footprint, organisation structure and team to deliver this strategy.
- Leading and facilitating collaboration between six manufacturing sites across India and supply chain functions to maximize customer service while balancing inventory investment and operating expense.
- Managing transportation budget and activities for inbound and outbound flows, and physical distribution network optimization and performance.
- Driving common processes, disciplines, systems and metrics across the planning function by leveraging ERP (SAP) and advanced planning systems to enable best practice operating efficiencies.
- Utilizing and refining of key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor and drive performance and continuous improvement; ensuring strict compliance with regulations, and group standards
- Assessing, developing, and refining the overall planning, warehousing, distribution and logistics skill set in the organization.
- Driving operational excellence and best practices to improve the supply chain process.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate, you should:
- Be an engineer with 15-20 years of supply chain experience with a key focus on planning and logistics in progressively senior positions in a chemical, paint or coating manufacturing industry.
- Be responsible in all areas of Supply Chain including but not limited to planning, distribution operations and logistics.
- Have considerable knowledge of financial, quantitative, analytical and P&L skills besides ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Exhibit in depth knowledge of latest supply chain / logistics processes, LEAN methods & current best practices to execute business continuity/strategic plans to provide direction toward the achievement of financial targets.
- Have a strong 'hands-on' people management, interpersonal skills, stakeholder management, team building, leadership and coaching skills.
What's on Offer
In addition to an attractive compensation package, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-growing organisation in a high visibility role having a direct impact on the success of the business operations.