General Manager Sourcing - Global MNC in Chemicals Space
Manage E2E India Operations across Sourcing, Procurement & Market Access
Chance to work directly with the Global MD
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading chemical firms globally with multi million USD in market cap. They have aggressive growth plans for India and are looking at India as a key sourcing hub for their global operations. They are looking for a General Manager, reporting to the global MD, to lead the strategic sourcing initiatives and manage the India business.
Reporting to the Global MD, the key accountabilities will be:
- Manage every aspect of operation in India (sourcing, procurement, market access)
- Execute and implement sourcing activities for all lines of business
- Develop and maintain supplier base across India and other countries
- Plan, implement, maintain, monitor and improve the procurement processes
- Compare costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies
- Manage all contracts and ensure quality of products and services at all times
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting supplier and customer relationships
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development
- Report to the global headquarters
- Lead and manage the team in India
The Successful Applicant
15-20 years of experience in Agrochemical space with preferably an MBA degree. The person should have led business strategy as a part of managing regional responsibility/relations and have a strong process orientation.
Proficiency in English coupled with knowledge of purchasing methods, procedures and techniques is essential. Knowledge of methods of analyzing suppliers and material is must have. The person must have the ability to handle multiple strategies on a timely basis and with a high degree of accuracy.
High degree of initiative, intellectual curiosity and abstract reasoning skills along with being a team player, able to work with people and suppliers of all kinds and from all walks is important.
What's on Offer
Role is the leadership role for India representing a global organisation which believes in exceptional level of global mobility.