General Manager- Product Development-Leading FMCG Global Firm
Leader in India for all the Research and Development activities
Role reports directly to the Director Innovation
About Our Client
Our client is a world-leading food company with facilities in 6 continents
- Market Leaders in its own niche space
To take full responsibility for the Product approval process for new and existing products with the FSSAI body
- To ensure formulations are prepared that meet marketing department's requirements for organoleptic & cost parameters and meet all appropriate food statutory requirement
- To ensure effective specifications for new raw materials & new processes are accurately prepared in a manner suitable to production, costing, purchasing, QC & QA. To ensure these specifications achieve the quality defined by consumer research
- To manage the R&D department both administratively and functionally in accordance with budgets and company policies and objectives. Ensure adequate staff training and performance evaluation process are in place and executed
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent academic credentials
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, while functioning alone as the first point of contact.
- Energetic, disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards with a consistently positive attitude and a hands-on mentality.
- Proven leadership with ability to take ownership of matters and manage input of others with flexibility and respect.
- Ability to see the big picture and look beyond narrow legal issues to their implications for the business and other functional areas.
- Positive experience in working within a hierarchy and meeting deadlines on short timeframes and under pressure, with the ability to set and adjust priorities quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, particularly with respect to active listening to and integrating information from various sources quickly and communicating legal and risk advice in an understandable and practical form
- High degree of comfort using a computer for documents, e-mail, internet and research as required and willingness to Travel
What's on Offer
- Market Leading Compensation
- Work Life Balance