FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, INDIA
Opportunity to work with a global brand
Opportunity to lead the finance function of a multinational
About Our Client
A global brand with presence in over 250 locations across 45 countries. Leading market presence in every upcoming and established markets. Looking to expand its retail outlets by 3x.
- Support the Global Finance Director in all aspects of financial analysis and reporting by providing complete and accurate analysis on both recurring and ad hoc projects
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements that comply with local statutory requirements. Direct the month-end close process and ensure detailed books are maintained to accommodate each legal entity and tax statutory reporting
- Define and enforce revenue policies, processes, review and reporting
- Establish and maintain a strong controls environment. Implement risk based finance wide controls to ensure strong controls over financial reporting are effective
- Drive cross-functional compliance with controls whilst driving expense management, planning and results.
- Manage internal and external auditors and resolve issues proactively to mitigate audit findings
- Assess the accounting, legal and regulatory implications of business decisions to ensure all issues are considered and addressed
- Proactively anticipate and react to changing business needs and assess/implement the impact of these changes to systems, processes, and external/internal customers
- Provide recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment
- Provide education and effective communication on finance matters to the business and affected stakeholders.
- Partner with the business as the subject matter expert of local GAAP, local tax laws and other regulatory compliance matters
- Ensure balance is in place between compliance and operational support
- Support global Finance initiatives to improve performance, productivity and overall work quality. Projects will include system implementations and upgrades as well as process improvement projects.
- Participate in the development of the Business Continuity plan and ensure critical financial processes are adequately covered, documented and tested
- Build a "best in class" Finance team focused on results and value-add services
- Establish new processes to enable financial information sharing with stakeholders relevant for key decision making and management of the business going forward. Information consists of trending, metrics and financial reports as well as qualitative analysis and commentary
- Maintain and enhance various financial systems from a super-user perspective
- Protect information, intellectual property and corporate data systems in accordance with prescribed guidelines and key controls
The Successful Applicant
- CA with at least 12 years of experience in Finance operations and Accounting required. Chartered/Certified Accountant with post qualification experience of managing a finance team in a commercial multi-national company environment
- Strong knowledge of and experience in preparation of statutory financial reports and tax filings as applicable in geographical operations
- Sound experience in managing internal and external audits.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to be objective in difficult situations.
- Extensive financial systems experience as an end-user
- Extensive policy, process, and compliance expertise in large, multi-national corporations.
- Demonstrated capability to think globally / strategically, turn information into insights, and drive results
- Experience in implementing rigorous, enterprise-wide Finance policies and processes. Experience with finance transformation and change management is essential
- Strong systems knowledge (Oracle, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent planning, organisation skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business trade-offs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, and manage uncertainty
- Ability to clearly and effectively present to senior executives and contribute to senior management decision making, demonstrating appropriate influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills
What's on Offer
Great incentives and bonus plans
Opportunity to grow with a fast growing organization
Be a part of a Meritocratic culture