Director - Valuations (Investment Bank / Consulting)
About Our Client
Our client is a leading consulting firm with a strong global presence. With expanding operations they are looking for a seasoned professional to Head their Valuations team supporting Investment Banking clients.
The main objective of the role is to manage engagements pertaining to valuation of complex securities, develop and manage teams with skills required to support these engagements, and achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key decision-makers.
Specific responsibilities will include :
- Manage and work on multiple engagements involving valuation of complex financial instruments such as convertible debt, options, warrants, derivatives, etc., taking a lead role in understanding clients needs, conducting analyses and reporting results
- Develop models to value a variety of financial instruments and to analyze various business situations, using option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, optimization, decision analysis and other techniques from the financial engineering or decision sciences literature
- Supervise, develop and mentor professionals at Staff and Senior level
- Manage a team of 3-4 valuation professionals
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with offices globally
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Senior Managers on proposals and new business opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years relevant experience, of which minimum 4 years should be in Valuation / Market Risk within an Investment Banking / Consulting organization.
- Experience in valuing complex financial products, including fixed income securities, convertible debt, options, warrants, derivatives, etc., or in analyzing complex business situations using quantitative analytics, is must
- The ability to work within a given budget and schedule, providing top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- PC proficiency including at least one Financial Engineering or statistical software package (e.g. Matlab or Stata), Bloomberg, MS Excel/VBA, Word, and PowerPoint
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA or FRM is a plus
- Excellent analytical, project-management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience and ability to lead teams
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to work in a leadership position with market leading compensation for the right candidate.