Director Supply Chain
Lead the entire Supply Chain function for the company developing best practices
Work closely with the COO & Global SC Head in a high visibility role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European Oil and Gas Engineering MNC and have been present in the subcontinent for more than a decade. Delivering some of the biggest projects in the country, they have aggressive growth plans for India which will be significantly impacted by their Supply Chain function. They are looking for a Director Supply Chain to be based out of Mumbai.
The Director Supply Chain will report to the COO and be responsible for:
- Lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for projects and production.
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure the company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimised supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimise value of the entire function in creating a world class procurement and materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach team members, develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimise its use.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate should come with at least 15 years' experience, including 10-12 years of relevant experience with an MBA in Operations/Supply Chain and B.E (Mechanical/Civil or Instrumentation) degree. The person must have strong procurement management skills, understand and have experience in creating and conducting RFQs; must be able to negotiate legal contracts, framework agreements and conduct business term and price negotiations utilizing various types of advanced negotiation concepts, including e-bidding and e-auctions.
Impeccable verbal & written language skills and ability to manage interpersonal relationships well is important. The person should be able to work in a matrix environment. The person must be able to create and understand formulas & pivot tables, piece data from multiple sources, make decisions with scant data, and perform within Microsoft Excel. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, also should have led a team of minimum 20 people.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.