Director - Sourcing
Leadership role to head Raw Material Sourcing.
Part of the strategic team of one of the largest meat selling organization.
About Our Client
$100 million funded organization, the client operates in farm-to-fork model offering a wide variety of meat and sea food on an e-commerce platform.
The company seeks an experienced supply chain specialist with the experience, skills, aptitude and drive to develop and drive efficiencies in a raw materials supply network that provides sustainable competitive advantage for the company. You'll be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment across multiple functions in the company where technical and business acumen along and collaborative problem-solving abilities are prerequisites for success.
- Develop a qualified sourcing network for company's raw materials (red meat, chicken, fish) that meets the needs of our end customers and results in smart and capital-efficient scaling of the business.
- Negotiate and manage strategic contracts for raw materials suppliers.
- Ensure continued availability of our raw materials to meet long-term requirements.
- Create a culture of teamwork, collaboration, confidence and trust across all corporate functions that intersect with the supply chain organization to meet shared objectives.
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes
- Deep knowledge of supply chain best practices and solid experience in applying them to creating and optimizing supply chain networks.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business and marketplace knowledge and insight to guide actions within the supply chain organization.
- Excellent negotiation and supplier performance management skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships inside the company and with supplier partners.
- Hands-on approach to solving problems by relying on an appropriate balance of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
The Successful Applicant
The client is looking for someone with at least 8-15 years' experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA. Previous experience of having handled strategic raw material sourcing operations in meat industry
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.