Only candidates from Heavy Engineering and Auto Industries should apply.
Only Engineers with 13+ years and Plant Management experience should apply
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European Oil and Gas Engineering MNC and have been present in the subcontinent for more than a decade. They are looking for a Director-Manufacturing to be based out of their facility in Gujarat.
Reporting into the COO, you will be responsible for:
- Manufacturing activities in India, mainly, planning, production, quality, HSE and maintenance and setting department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance, including financial results of the operations.
- Creating and implementing best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance through increase in productivity and efficiency which will essentially result into meeting business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated, directing and driving implementation of Lean Business strategy and driving Continuous Improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business.
- Owning Manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
- Implementing a customer focused operational culture delivering world class quality to customers - both internal & external
- Developing and managing master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and time lines
- Planning and executing maintenance activity to ensure plant is kept safe and compliant and also operating a process for safe selection of external contractors and involving Head of Purchasing ensuring all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value
- Approving design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets
- Managing the accurate and on-time introduction of new products
- Providing leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Establishing strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives and working with the manufacturing team to translate site strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them
- Pitching to other subsidiaries for business / manufacturing to be outsourced to the site location
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are an Engineer preferably Mechanical, Instrumentation or Civil who will come with at least 15 years' of total experience out of which recent experience should be in managing plant operations and you should have been associated with Heavy Engineering and Auto industries. You should have experience in driving Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, GMP, TPM,TQM, 5S successfully in your plant operations stints. You should possess good communication and interpersonal skills. You should have a results driven and collaborative approach. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.